Do you sometimes find parenting frustrating, exhausting or a struggle? Would you like to experience more joy in your family despite the hard times?
Join Mindfulness Trainer, Suzie Brown, for a half-day workshop to learn mindfulness ‘habits’ and meditation practices you can do everyday to help you to:
- be calmer, more effective and more connected with your children
- develop focus and the ability to be really present with your children – and life in general!
- manage your strong emotions to be less reactive with your family
- learn mindful parenting methods to help your kids be more co-operative, calmer and happier too.
The workshop will be suitable for parents of children aged 0-10 as the focus will be on parenting strategies for this age group. No prior meditation experience is required.
Suzie draws on her training as a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher and as a Mindful Parenting coach, as well as her experience as a mother of a spirited child, to offer this practical workshop. Mindful parenting techniques helped Suzie to find real joy and ease as a mother, even through the hard times, and she’ll show you how this can help you (and your kids) too.
The workshop will include the following meditations and skills:
- breath meditation
- mindfulness of emotions
- mindful parenting techniques for children aged 0-10
- mindful listening and communicating
- mindful movement (gentle yoga)
- awareness and understanding of the causes of emotional stress and how to reduce it
The workshop fee includes refreshments, guided audio meditations, mindfulness wallcard, and Suzie’s e-guide Top 10 Tips for Stress Free Parenting.
Advanced bookings only – go to the Trybooking page for this event to book and pay online.
Any questions please call Suzie Brown on 0419 002 606.
PLEASE NOTE: this course is not suitable for those suffering acute depression, psychotic episodes or PTSD. If you’re unsure whether it’s right for you please call Suzie on 0419 002 606 to discuss and/or seek advice from your psychologist or psychiatrist before booking in.
When: Sunday May 12
Where: Kyo Yoga Garden Room, 73 The Esplanade Ocean Grove