Join Suzie Brown for a half-day introductory mindfulness meditation workshop, “Emotional Calm”, to learn practices to help relax the mind, reduce worries, and bring present moment awareness to your whole day. We’ll be focusing on how to stay calm in the face of strong emotions – when anger, frustration, grief, excitement, sadness take over it’s hard not to be reactive and do or say things we regret later. We can feel totally overwhelmed by the emotions. This workshop will give you tools to:
- Reduce feelings of emotional overwhelm
- Have more space to choose your reactions more wisely
- Handle difficult events with a lot less stress.
The workshop will include the following meditations and skills:
- awareness and understanding of the causes of emotional stress and how to reduce it
- breath meditation
- walking meditation
- sound meditation
- loving kindness meditation
- mindfulness of emotions
- mindful listening and communicating
- mindful movement (gentle yoga)
After the workshop you’ll receive audio guided meditations to take home and continue to practice, as well as a Reminder Wallcard and further reading.
Suzie draws on her training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and many years of Insight meditation practice and teaching to offer this experiential workshop.
The workshop is suitable for both beginners and experienced meditators.
When: Sunday March 31, 1-4pm
Where: Kyo Yoga Hub, 91 The Parade Ocean Grove