Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation
Learn Mindfulness Meditation and be calm through your emotional highs and lows
Join Suzie Brown for a half-day introductory mindfulness meditation workshop, “Emotional Calm”, to learn practices to help relax the mind, reduce worries, and bring present moment awareness to your whole day. We’ll be focusing on how to stay calm in the face of strong emotions – when anger, frustration, grief, excitement, sadness take over it’s hard not to be reactive and do or say things we regret later. We can feel totally overwhelmed by the emotions. This workshop will give you tools to:
- Reduce feelings of emotional overwhelm
- Have more space to choose your reactions more wisely
- Handle difficult events with a lot less stress.
The workshop will include the following meditations and skills:
- awareness and understanding of the causes of emotional stress and how to reduce it
- breath meditation
- walking meditation
- sound meditation
- loving kindness meditation
- mindfulness of emotions
- mindful listening and communicating
- mindful movement (gentle yoga)
When: Sunday November 19, 2-5pm
Location: Kyo Yoga Garden Room, 73 The Esplanade, Ocean Grove
Cost: $60 (includes audio guided meditations and wallcard).
Any questions please call Suzie Brown on 0419 002 606.