Join Suzie Brown for a half-day Mindfulness for Parents workshop to learn practices to help calm the mind, be more present and less reactive. This will help you to respond to your children calmly and with greater control over your reactions.
You’ll learn techniques to be more connected to your children and their needs, and you’ll learn mindfulness-based strategies for managing their behaviours. We’ll focus on how to stay calm in the face of strong emotions like anger and frustration, and how to deal with challenges like sleep deprivation and overwhelming demands. This workshop will give you tools to reduce that feeling of overwhelm and have more space to choose your reactions more wisely and handles difficulties with a lot less stress.
After the workshop you’ll receive audio guided meditations to take home and continue to practice, as well as a Reminder Wallcard and further reading.
The workshop will include the following meditations and skills:
- Intro to Mindfulness Meditation (theory and practice)
- Taming Reactivity, Frustration & Anger
- Awareness and understanding of the causes of stress and overwhelm and how to reduce it
- Mindful parenting techniques to help your young children be more connected and co-operative with you.
- Breath meditation
- Walking meditation
- Awareness and management of emotions
- Mindful listening and communicating
The workshop is suitable for both beginners and experienced meditators.
When: Sunday July 23rd
Where: Kyo Yoga Garden Room, 73 The Esplanade, Ocean Grove.
For more info and booking link click here.